We, the members of Grace Baptist Church, being reconciled with God through Jesus Christ, are called to extend to all people God's plan of salvation. Therefore, by the empowering of the Holy Spirit, we have committed ourselves to:
- Save the Lost: Reaching out to all people with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
- Mature the Saved: Providing discipleship for those who have received
Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Provide Spiritual Fellowship: Providing activities that promote spiritual growth.
Our senior pastor received his B.A. in Honors Philosophy from Brown University in 1978. He then pursued a career in real estate development for 10 years. In 1990, he returned to Rhode Island and earned an M. A. in Philosophy from the University of Rhode Island. In 1997, he graduated Summa Cum Laude from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary with a Masters in Divinity. In 2002, he received his Doctor of Ministry degree from Ashland Theological Seminary.
- You need to be saved. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). "Unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God"(John 3:3). "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life in Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23)
- You cannot save yourself. "For be grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast." (Ephesians 2:8,9).
- God has provided a way for our salvation. "Christ died for our sins" (1 Corinthians 15:3). "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16)
- You can be saved today. "Now is the time of God's favor; now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2)
- Your part is: "Repent and believe the good news!" (Mark 1:15). "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved" (Romans 10:13)
Right now, wherever you are, lift uo your heart to God in prayer. It does not take a long, loud prayer. Just say, Oh God, I realize that I am a sinner and have turned away from you. I am sorry and I turn to you and ask for mercy and salvation for the sake of Jesus.
Now take Him at His word.
- Of the Scriptures: We believe the Bible in the original manuscript to be the inspired Word of God, and the final and supreme authority in all matters of faith and practice.
- Of the True God: We believe that there is only one living and true God, infinite in every excellence; that in the unity of the Godhead there are three personal distinctions - God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit - yet one in substance and equal in every Divine perfection.
We believe in the absolute Deity of the Son, and the Lord Jesus Christ; that as Man He was miraculously begotten of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
We believe that the Holy Spirit is a Divine Person, equal with the Father and the Son and of the same substance and nature; that He indwells the believer, convicts of sin, righteousness and judgment, and is the Agent of the believer's new birth.
- Of the Devil, or Satan: We believe in the distinct personality of Satan, that he is the unholy god of this age, author of all powers and darkness and sin, and is destined to be judged by God.
- Of the Creation: We believe that God created the heavens and the earth.
- Of the Fall of Man: We believe that sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned. We believe that all who take Christ as their savior are born from above and are eternally secure in Christ.
- Of Salvation by Grace: We believe that it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.
- Of the Church: We believe that the Church was established by Jesus Christ, Who is its sole Head; revealed through the apostles; empowered and perpetuated by the Holy Spirit. The true church consists of all who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Of the Sacraments: We believe the Scriptures teach that there are two sacraments that are to be observed by the believer: Baptism and the Lord's Supper.
- Of the Return of Christ: We believe in the bodily, personal return of Jesus Christ.
- Of the Resurrection: We believe in the resurrection of the dead. The righteous shall enter into eternal life in the presence of God, and the wicked shall be condemned to eternal death.